Monday, March 17, 2014

Staplers, Staplers, Staplers

One of the most novel challenges of becoming a librarian at a university is something that is never taught or discussed in any MLS course and is usually not discovered until an individual begins working in a library.  This is challenge of trying to manage some of the functional aspects of the library such as the availability of office supplies such as staplers, and the maintenance of copy rooms and computer labs.  I myself often spend an hour or two a week try to repair, maintain, or replace missing/stolen staplers. This Tumblr
, maintained by Jason Vance, a librarian at Middle Tennessee State University, chronicles the lives and deaths of the staplers in his library, and like Jason, I often wonder where the staplers have gone when they disappear, sometimes for weeks, and then randomly reappear.  Mysteries of the universe, I guess . . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment